This is an exercice on hiragana rows ta (ta chi tsu te to) and da (da ji zu de do).
- Print one page of Datei:Squared page.pdf.
- Write the words below in hiragana.
- Write horizontally from left to right on a squared paper, one word per line.
- Uncommon spelling is indicated with [!] right behind the syllable.
- teikoku — empire
- sodatsu — to grow up, be raised
- deteiku — to leave
- idaku — to embrace
- tetsudou — railroad, railway
- tada — only, just
- tokei — watch, clock
- chiji[!] — thousands, great number of
- kozu[!]kai — pocket money
- tataku — to strike, to clap