This is an exercise on hiragana rows ra (ra ri ru re ro) and wa (wa wo).
- Print one page of Datei:Squared page.pdf.
- Write the words below in hiragana.
- Write horizontally from left to right on a squared paper, one word per line.
- Spaces between words are merely added for reading ease; they do not apply to the Japanese text.
- toshi wo toru — to get older
- waro — Japan-Russia
- rainen — next year
- kariru — to borrow
- furo — bath
- wasureru — to forget
- mura — village
- warukusuru — to make worse
- ureshii — happy, glad
- koe wo kagiri ni — at the top of one's voice